MCLD PROGRAMS FOR YOUTH & THEIR PARENTS WITH AD/HD, LD & Mild ASD
Social & Thinking Skills Groups (for parents & youth ages 5-12)
- Incorporates Positive Parenting, Theraplay® & Social Thinking® approaches.
- Become your child’s social coach guiding them with new skills & strategies.
- Targeted skills: reading faces & body language, respecting boundaries, emotional regulation, compromising, negotiating, accepting “no”, bullying prevention & more.
- Through fun, engaging, activities, parents will witness development of social competence, emotional regulation, self-control & self-esteem.
Teen to Teen Building Character Groups (for parents & youth ages 13-16)
- Utilizes Positive Parenting, Theraplay® & Social Thinking® approaches, role playing, stories & lively discussions.
- Builds character: integrity, empathy, responsibility, accountability, respect & honesty
- Teens develop healthy relationships with parents & friends, while acquiring cognitive & emotional regulation skills.
Young Adult Social & Life Skills Groups (for youth ages 17 & up)
- Many young adults have difficulty making & maintaining friendships.
- This program incorporates social, friendship & relational strategies.
- Provides a safe milieu to meet others, connect & practice new skills.
To register for groups or for more information contact Linda Aber at 514-487-3533
ABOUT LINDA ABER
Linda Aber is an Attachment Parent Coach, Theraplay® Group Specialist, HeartMath® Anxiety/Anger Reduction Practitioner, Family Life Educator and mother of two adults with ADHD and LD.
As a consultant for The Montréal Centre for Learning Disabilities (MCLD), Linda designs and facilitates numerous workshops, groups and programs for parents, children, teens, young adults and adults, living with AD/HD, learning disabilities, ODD and mild ASD . Her parent, youth programs utilize elements from Theraplay®, Attachment Parenting and HeartMath® Approaches. Linda has received extensive training with The Theraplay Institute, Dr. Daniel Hughes and Dr. Art Becker Weidman. Since 1996, she has worked with over 150 families a year. She facilitates parent and ADHD adult groups during the week and children/teen social & thinking skills groups on the weekends.
Linda specializes in placing the changing of behaviours directly into the hands of adults who live with and care for youth. Empowerment of parents and teachers is Linda’s passion… she brings out the best in adults, so they can bring out the best in youth. By acquiring specific methods for eliminating youth’s difficult behaviour, parents and teachers develop effective skills, increased self-esteem, and often unimagined success.
I’ve seen a tremendous change in my son. Thank you for your social & thinking skills program. He is now using the skills at school and his teacher called to say she is so pleased with his wonderful improvement. She is using some of your skills in her class.
The social & thinking skills we learned in your group are amazing. We have a new vocabulary of feelings, strategies to deal with emotional regulation, and visuals to help us help our children. We learned how to reduce a number 10 problem to a number 2, using your cartoon tools – Less Aburptous Interruptous and Glassman moments. Their teachers are noticing positive changes in the kids and are interested in learning your approach. Every teacher should learn this. Glad you are here for us Linda.
What success my son and I experienced in your social skills group. He uses a lot of the new skills at home. So do I, we stopped the yelling and are much closer. So glad you are there to guide us.
Montreal Centre for Learning Disabilities
is made up of dedicated volunteers, who advocate and defend the rights of children and adults with learning disabilities/ADHD.
Copyright © 2013-2017 - All Rights Reserved - MCLD - Montreal Centre for Learning Disabilities