Winter Programs for Parents & Youth
(Individual Family & Multi-Family Groups)
Contact Linda Aber at (514) 487-3533
*NEW* HeartMath® Anxiety Reduction
Sessions for Children/Teens & Parents
- What it means to be In-Sync & Out-of-Sync.
- Your inner weather report.
- 3 Tools to reduce stress & anxiety in just a few seconds.
- Practice with12 video-enhanced animated breathing activities.
- Enhance relationships & decision making.
- Reduce test anxiety.
Theraplay® Social Thinking Skills Groups
- For children/adolescents and their parents.
- Build social competence, emotional regulation, self-control & self-esteem.
- Become your child’s social coach guiding them with new skills & strategies.
Nurtured Heart® Parenting Your Child/Teen & Young Adult
- Embrace a strength-based parenting approach to foster connective communication, self-esteem & enhance your parent-child/teen relationship.
ABOUT LINDA ABER
Linda Aber, C.C.F.E. is a Certified Nurtured Heart® Advanced Trainer, Certified Group Theraplay® Specialist, Canadian Certified Family Life Educator and mother of two adults with ADHD and LD.
As a consultant for The Montréal Centre for Learning Disabilities (MCLD), Linda designs and facilitates numerous workshops, groups and programs for parents, children, teens, young adults and adults, living with AD/HD, learning disabilities, ODD and asperger syndrome . Her parent, youth programs utilize elements from Theraplay®, Attachment Parenting and Nurtured Heart® Approaches. Linda has received extensive training with The Theraplay Institute, Dr. Daniel Hughes, Howard Glasser and Dr. Art
Becker Weidman. Since 1996, she has worked with over 150 families a year. She facilitates parent and ADHD adult groups during the week and children/teen social & thinking skills groups on the weekends.
Linda specializes in placing the changing of behaviours directly into the hands of adults who live with and care for youth. Empowerment of parents and teachers is Linda’s passion… she brings out the best in adults, so they can bring out the best in youth. By acquiring specific methods for eliminating youth’s difficult behaviour, parents and teachers develop effective skills, increased self-esteem, and often unimagined success.
Montreal Centre for Learning Disabilities
is made up of dedicated volunteers, who advocate and defend the rights of children and adults with learning disabilities/ADHD.
Copyright © 2013-2017 - All Rights Reserved - MCLD - Montreal Centre for Learning Disabilities